Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Boy Who Started it All!!


I got my first vizsla about two years ago (October 31, 2009 to be exact). We got him from an amazing breeder in Ramona, CA. Even before we got him, we had decided on a name already. I am a huge lover of the Transformers movies, so we decided on a Transformers related name. The name that we decided on was Opti (short for Optimus Prime, the leader of the autobots). It was love at first sight! The two years we spent together are some of the best memories I will ever have. Tragically my Opti left me for the Rainbow Bridge on December 31, 2011. I was completely heartbroken and swore to myself I would never get another vizsla again. Easier said than done right? When I saw that the breeder we got Opti from, was expecting a litter of puppies in March from Opti's dad, I could not resist. We have already decided on a name that is, of course, Transformers related. The name we have decided on is Hyde (short for Iron Hide). Even though we are not getting him until May, I am starting this blog now so I can share the months of preparation for Hyde, my fond memories of Opti and the adventures that are sure to come! I hope you enjoy this blog and fall in love just like I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment